Friday, November 27, 2015

Well, let me just say, even though I only had to work for one night…it was a tough one…I was SO TIRED!!!!

I was very thankful to set my head on my pillow.

Unfortunately I was woken a bit earlier than I wanted to be — our next door neighbor was using a chainsaw to cut up the tree that he had taken down.  UGH…SO LOUD.

So a walk with Izzy happened.  And then I did my languages.

Then we got the house ready for the tree…moved the chair to the other side of the room, moved the desk out on to the porch, moved the coffee table out of the way, brought up the tree stand, swept the floor.

And finally it was off to get our tree!

We’ve been purchasing our tree from our realtor for years now and it’s a tradition we love.

It was nice tonight because there was no one else there looking so we were able to talk with him and his wife for about a half hour, catching up on life.  It was nice.

And then we got our tree.  It literally took us only about FIVE minutes to pick it out…they are seriously all so perfect!

We tried a new way of getting the tree into the house this time and it worked pretty good….we parked the car IN FRONT of the house so we didn’t have to carry the tree as far…and then Kimm took the trunk (which is easier for her to carry with her hands) and I took the top…we made it in the house in record time with minimal needle spillage.

Getting the tree into the stand went fairly well.  There was only that ONE time that the tree practically fell over 🙂

And now the entire house smells AMAZING.  I swear, is there anything that smells as good as a Christmas tree??

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s